Reports to: Associate Director, Digital
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
The Digital Associate will work with the rest of The Hub’s digital team to develop and execute compelling digital campaigns. They will craft, optimize, and deploy social media content for The Hub, integrate organic and paid content, and help with all other facets of our digital campaigning as needed. We’re looking for someone who obsesses with the latest digital trends, loves writing in different styles and voices, and enjoys delving into the data of tracking online campaign performance. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the job is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
As Digital Associate, you’ll:
● Work with the rest of The Hub’s digital team and external partners to design and execute successful digital campaigns across multiple platforms; including, quickly mobilizing around rapid-response moments
● Coordinate staff and volunteers in DC and across the country to amplify our message on social media, tapping into key moments for maximum reach
● Write compelling social media, email, and web copy for various campaigns and projects
● Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media accounts for partners and internally-run campaigns; including, deploying content on those channels
● Work with The Hub’s digital team and vendors to design and launch digital advertising campaigns on platforms like Facebook and Twitter
● Cover live events on social media, including live tweeting, live streaming, and gathering and sharing stories from speakers and members of the audience during organizing moments
● Brainstorm digital tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues
● Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for digital and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
● Design and maintain digital reports for our campaigns and use that data to make recommendations on how to adjust our strategy
● Perform other duties as assigned
● You thrive working on projects with countless moving pieces, decision makers, and deadlines
● You’re an excellent writer who loves experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in your content
● You’re flexible, organized, and live for the details
● You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends, tracking online campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make content perform better
● You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
● You’re comfortable working on tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects
● You’re willing to mobilize digital assets in rapid-response moments
● You’re willing to travel as needed to cover events
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
● You have experience managing and growing social media accounts for organizations or brands
● You’ve used social media tools like Tweetdeck and Crimson Hexagon; digital organizing tools like Phone2Action and Hustle; WordPress or other content management systems; Google Analytics; and/or Blue State Digital or other email marketing platforms
● You’ve launched advertising campaigns on Facebook and/or Twitter
● You’re comfortable working with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other graphic design tools
How to Apply
To apply for this position click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.