Reports to: Director, Polling & Analytics
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Associate, Polling & Analytics will provide support for a growing team that uses data strategically to inform progressive campaigns across the entire organization, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and democracy. The Hub Project maintains a robust pipeline of polling, data, and analytics projects, and as the Polling & Analytics Associate, you will assist with the execution of those projects, which includes:
- Development and quality control checks of products throughout the research lifecycle, including requests for proposal, qualitative discussion guides, survey questionnaires, memos, and presentations.
- Maintaining awareness of and communicating key public opinion trends to the full Polling & Analytics team and other internal teams at The Hub Project.
- Collaborating with our communications team to review documents for public opinion products for public release (e.g., press releases, media advisories, and/or op-eds).
- Assisting in data analysis to create meaningful and actionable recommendations and insights shared across campaign teams within the organization.
- Working with external vendors and consultants to manage scheduling, contracts, and invoices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans, and are passionate about strengthening American democracy.
- You have experience working in survey research, data science, and/or analytics (such as with a research supplier, market research organization, or media outlet).
- You are familiar with all elements of the research lifecycle for survey research projects.
- You’re extremely organized and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re familiar and comfortable adapting data into key findings and strategic
- You’re well-versed in Microsoft Office, including analyzing data and using formulas in Excel, drafting documents in Word, and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- You have a sense of humor and are intellectually curious!
In addition, it would be a bonus if...
- You have experience with statistical software packages and/or programming skills, such as R, Python, SQL, SPSS, and/or STATA.
- You have experience working with data visualization software, such as Tableau.
- You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
- You have experience with graphic design software, such as Photoshop or InDesign.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.