Associate Director Of Policy Engagement
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Policy Engagement to join the Groundwork Collaborative team here at the Hub Project. The Associate Director will work closely with the Deputy Executive Director and the Groundwork team to engage on issue advocacy in a manner that furthers Groundwork’s mission to advance a coherent economic worldview within the broader progressive movement.
What is Groundwork?
The Groundwork Collaborative works with partners from across the progressive movement to support policies that promote broadly shared, durable prosperity, equity, and economic security.
As Associate Director of Policy Engagement you’ll:
• Manage Groundwork’s efforts to engage in timely economic policy debates in a manner that advances Groundwork’s progressive economic worldview.
• Work with policy, communications, and digital teams to develop and execute Groundwork policy engagement plans.
• Manage rapid-response efforts as necessary.
• Work with partners to coordinate responses to relevant economic policy debates.
• Track engagement with partners and penetration of Groundwork’s vision and messaging on key economic issues.
• You’re committed to advocating for an economy that works for everyone and centers justice and equity.
• You’re comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
• You’re excited to join a fast-growing and collaborative team that’s building something brand new. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You have a desire to manage excellent team members.
• You have full-time or otherwise intensive work experience in, or knowledge of, at least one of the following fields:
• Relevant areas of economics, economic policy, political science, or social sciences;
• Community organizing, engagement, and activism; Administrative, finance, operations, or logistical work;
• Event planning
• Project management
• Non-profit or advocacy communications.
How to apply:
To begin the application process click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to